Organization: Friends of the National Zoo
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Friends of the National Zoo, a nonprofit member organization dedicated to supporting the education, research, animal care, visitor experience, and sustainability mission of the Smithsonian’s National Zoological Park is seeking a Member Communications Editor to research, develop and manage FONZ communications across electronic and print channels while keeping to specific deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop and manage editorial calendar for member communications to ensure content integration and effective promotion of key FONZ and Zoo events and programs across electronic and print communications channels.
• Research and write articles, source images, and develop content for FONZ electronic membership publications and communications.
• Manage the production schedule for FONZ member e-newsletters, including Zoo Friends, Young Professionals and Smithsonian Flyer.
• Schedule, develop content for, and coordinate and stand-alone member emails (e.g., invitations for special members-only events).
• Ensure effective use of FONZ and Zoo content across multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram.
• Develop written, graphic, and video content for the FONZ website.
• Liaise with FONZ photo club
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
• Minimum B.A. in English, publishing, or journalism, or B.S. in biology with significant coursework in English, publishing, or journalism. Master’s Degree preferred
• 1-3 years writing for various audiences, coordinating work within a complex organizational structure, and meeting tight deadlines.
• Experience with best practices for journalist, publishing, and social media.
• Experience with word processing, photo and video editing software and managing public communication projects.
All interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter at www.fonzjobs.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, FONZ values workplace diversity.