Organization: Museum of Science
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Sr. Annual Giving Coordinator
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
Coordinate patron level Annual Fund appeals and mailings to prospects for gifts of $300 -- $2,499 (Explorers Society) and $2,500+ (Discoverers Society), serve as the Museum's point person for the Explorers Society, and conduct cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities with Annual Fund donors and prospects.
• The Museum's Annual Fund currently generates more than $2.6 million per year and close to 2,000 donors yearly.
• The Senior Annual Fund Coordinator helps organize and support efforts to renew and acquire Discoverer Society level donors ($2500+), who account for approximately 80% of the Annual Fund total. These efforts include heavy data analysis and coordinating appeals and mailings with Advancement staff.
• The Senior Coordinator is directly responsible for renewing and acquiring Explorer Society level donors ($300-$2,499), who account for approximately 20% of the Annual Fund total each year. Special emphasis is placed on retaining and increasing the annual gift income from current Explorers while at the same time creating unique new ways to acquire new Explorers for the Museum and grow the number of donors to the Annual Fund.
• Duties include collaborating with the Director of Annual Giving to plan, design, write, and execute all solicitations and mailings. Conducting personal outreach to donors and prospects, and developing and implementing strategies to build relationships and increase giving.
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday
Director, Annual Giving
• Bachelors of Science or Arts degree preferred.
• More than one year of Annual Giving experience
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY IN OUR DIVERSE AND DYNAMIC WORK ENVIRONMENT, SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Human Resources Department
Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 589-0362
Visit www.mos.org/jobs for our most up-to-date employment listings. No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. The Museum of Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.