Organization: Museum of Science
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Manager of Projects & Content Development
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
Manage the content and project management functions at the Museum, ensuring that all exhibits are developed using an effective collaborative team process, to create highly engaging, educational, durable, maintainable and universally designed exhibits. Hire, develop and assign staff to projects based on skill and project needs. Collaborate with the other exhibit managers and director of exhibits to evaluate and refine the exhibit development process to continually improve our effectiveness, creativity, and collaboration, ensuring that all aspects of the team process are enabling the creation of the highest quality exhibits.
Implement best practices in project management through the introduction and use of industry leading tools and techniques, including resource allocation, development and tracking of schedules and budgets, financial management and progress reporting. Collaborate on the creation, organization, and maintenance of centralized information repositories for use by internal stakeholders that will contain up-to-date information on all exhibits in the planning and development stages, including such information as schedules, budgets, fundraising progress, opening dates, and facility work schedules.
Manage exhibit projects as assigned, leading multi-disciplinary teams to create engaging, exciting, fun, and educational exhibits that are universally designed to be used by as broad an audience as possible. Provide coordination between the education division and facilities staff to ensure comprehensive information sharing and to facilitate the process of completing all exhibit projects in the museum.
• Manage project management team, consisting of 4-5 project managers
• Manage content development team, consisting of 4-5 content developers
• Oversee project budgets totaling $1-2 million per year
• Oversee project information for 4-6 large-scale projects annually
• Oversee project information for 20-25 small projects annually
• Oversee 5-8 facility-related projects annually, ranging in scope from small (one day of work or less) to large scale construction
• Collaborate with director of logistics administration to organize and maintain database of 5-25 projects at any one time.
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday
Director, Exhibits Development & Conservation
• Bachelors of Science or Arts degree preferred.
• More than 5 years of exhibit project management experience.
• Knowledge of Massachusetts/Boston building codes and terminology (such as electrical, structural, and building permitting process) required
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY IN OUR DIVERSE AND DYNAMIC WORK ENVIRONMENT, SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Human Resources Department
Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 589-0362
Visit www.mos.org/jobs for our most up-to-date employment listings. No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. The Museum of Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.