Organization: The Philadelphia Zoo
Location: Philadelphia, PA, Country
Job or Internship: Job
The Philadelphia Zoo’s 42-acre Victorian garden is home to more than 1,300 animals, many of them rare and endangered. The Zoo, fulfilling its mission of conservation, science, education and recreation, supports and engages in conservation efforts to protect endangered species around the world. Cheetahs, hippos, giraffes and much more make the Zoo Philadelphia's leading family attraction with over 1.2 million visitors a year.
Under the general direction of the Manager of Outreach/Family Programs, provides administrative and registration support for the Philadelphia Zoo’s Summer Camp, Outreach and Overnight programs.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Administer and/or perform all clerical functions for staff of the Education department.
2. Process a high volume of reservations for the Zoo’s education programs. Respond to client inquiries in a timely manner. Provide the highest quality of customer service to all program clients including cross-selling and up-selling of education programs.
3. Provide administrative support for entering data into an attendance tracking system, track bookings, record and process payments. Prepare reports to summarize program bookings.
4. Process client web inquiries for Summer Camp programs. Organize mailings for programs as well as maintaining client databases.
5. Exercise independent judgment and discretion in setting and managing priorities for completing administrative work.
6. Answer and screen incoming phone calls in a pleasant and professional manner. Refer clients to all necessary Summer Camp/Outreach/Overnight staff. Take and distribute messages. Within the scope of knowledge, respond to inquiries from parents/leaders/schools.
7. Maintain records and files in accordance with standard office practices as well as sensitivity to the confidentiality of summer camp records and client data. Photocopy and fax; open, sort and distribute incoming departmental mail daily.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
1. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Ability Requirements:
1. Associates degree; college preferred and a minimum of three years administrative experience required.
2. Ability to work with computer online reservation systems is a job requirement.
3. Accurate typing skills. Proficient in all MS Office applications; advanced skills preferred. Ability to operate general office equipment including personal computer, photocopier, fax machine, etc.
4. Ability to work independently and to complete assignments with minimal instructions and to adhere to prescribed routines and practices. Ability to work proactively.
5. Demonstrate multi-tasking skills, flexibility with daily assignments and ability to respond to multiple requests.
6. Excellent administrative, organizational and time management skills. Attention to detail. Ability to follow written and oral instruction.
7. Excellent customer service skills; mature, friendly and professional manner; ability to communicate with all levels of staff, clients, and vendors with poise and tact; confidential and discrete; ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
8. Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple priorities within established time frames. Ability to organize projects and tasks through to completion accurately and on time. Ability to operate in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions.
Physical and Medical Requirements:
1. No allergies related to plants or animals, which may interfere with the ability to work.
2. Successful completion of a drug test and tuberculosis test prior to starting work.
1. Successful completion of background checks, including criminal and credit history.
1. Office building setting.
If interested, please complete our online application at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=3633321
The Philadelphia Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a smoke free workplace.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the volume of applications received, the Philadelphia Zoo’s utilizes an online application only. Paper applications and resumes will not be accepted. In order for the Human Resources team to fully review your application and qualifications, please include a copy of your resume and/or employment history. Preference will be given to those applicants that attach a resume and/or detailed job history.
For more information about the Philadelphia Zoo, America’s first zoo, please visit www.philadelphiazoo.org.