Organization: Jacksonville Zoological Society
Location: Jacksonville, FL, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is currently seeking a part-time Animal Health Administrative Assistant. This position is responsible for efficient office management of the Animal Health Department and must perform associated tasks in an efficient, accurate and timely manner as related to the Animal Health Program and its clinical operations.
• Provide administrative support for the Senior Veterinarian and other Animal Health staff in the form of data entry, shipping, maintenance of medical records, correspondence, personnel documents, surveys and reports and animal transaction packets.
• Coordinate processing and logistics of animal health volunteers, including internships and externships.
• Serve as receptionist at the administrative area of the hospital managing guests, wildlife rehabilitation calls, visitors, consultants and deliveries in addition to maintaining that area with a clean and professional appearance.
• Make travel arrangements for staff and consultants as needed, take minutes and provide other related documents for meetings as needed, generation of purchase requisitions, interactions with Finance Department and manage office supplies for the department. Assist in ordering other medical supplies as needed.
• Maintain Animal Health calendar, manage Hospital Conference Room, coordinate meetings and provide supportive documents as needed.
• Develop and maintain animal health department records, medical records, animal programs research and life support files and databases.
• Assist Animal Health Department through appropriate data entry in MedARKS and other medical record-keeping programs. Complete animal shipment packets and other appropriate documents and information related to logistics of animal shipments.
• Assist Animal Health staff with SSP, TAG, Studbook correspondence, reports & publications as related to animal health operations.
• Perform additional and related duties as needed.
Applicants must be able to sit for long periods of time. Some lifting of up to 25 lbs. is required. Ability to traverse zoo grounds and operate a motorized cart.
A minimum of 1 year experience in administrative assistant role. Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 7 and experience operating general office equipment is preferable. Must have strong communication and organizational skills. Must have strong interpersonal skills. A valid Florida Driver’s license is required. Some background in a related life science is helpful.
EOE / DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Please submit your resume in Word format via email to:
When emailing your resume, please include the position title in the “subject” line.