Organization: Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo
Location: Tampa, Florida, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is seeking an Executive Assistant to the CEO in its Office of Administration.
Posting Information: Full Time, Exempt
Performs various clerical and administrative functions in support of Zoo Administration. May assist other departments within the Zoo with clerical projects as directed by the CEO.
Please apply online at: http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8ad8dbd139b8862b0139bcdd4ab373a4&id=8ad64ec63e4e49d0013e5761d2b463b0&source=
Cover Letter Requirements:
If you are interested in applying for the Executive Assistant position, in addition to your resume, please provide a cover letter, addressed "To Executive Assistant to CEO Selection Committee," that includes the following:
• Your reason for interest in the position
• Experience relevant to the position
• What you believe to be essential traits for success in this position
• Your writing ability and experience (e.g., preparing agendas, generating meeting minutes, and developing professional correspondence).
• Salary requirements
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Essential Functions (Including, but not limited to):
• Provides clerical support as needed to CEO such as: typing, copying, faxing, filing, computer data entry, report generation, internal communications, and mailings.
• Prepares and organizes materials for various organizational meetings including the regularly scheduled Board of Trustees meetings and communications with individual Trustees and other community leaders.
• Develops and composes routine and advanced memos, letters, reports, and proposals as needed.
• Maintains calendars, schedules and arranges for appointments, meetings, and events, and makes travel and accommodation arrangements. Provides confirmations and communications to all individuals involved.
• Takes minutes of meetings, transcribes, and prepares diversified correspondence of highly confidential and sensitive nature into final form.
• Screens incoming calls for the CEO.
• Screens visitors who request entrance to the administration buildings and escorts select guests.
• Completes office supply orders and monitors replenishment needs in the supply cabinet.
• Distributes all faxes, emails, and other correspondence to appropriate departments or employee mailboxes. Monitor base radio for administrative, 911, and Code calls.
• Monitors supply of forms and other administration materials and replenish supplies as needed.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail including overnight packages.
• Completes monthly postage breakdown and office supply summaries.
• Requests service calls as needed in order to maintain office equipment such as the copy machine, fax machine, and postage meter.
• Assists other departments as directed by the CEO.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
• Must have the ability to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner.
• Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Must present a positive attitude even in difficult situations.
• Must be self-motivated and goal-oriented.
• Must be able to maintain discretion with confidential information.
• Must be comfortable self-directing.
• Problem solver with strong task management and execution skills.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships across the organization.
• Ability to communicate ideas and contribute effectively to the department.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• High performance team member and a strong team player.
• Exhibits poise, tact, and diplomacy.
• Must exhibit a professional demeanor at all times.
• Must be flexible and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude with the public and in difficult situations.
• Two years of undergraduate course work required. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
• Must have at least one year of administrative experience.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time doing computer work.
• Must be able to operate a variety of office equipment.
• Ability to use telephone and computer to communicate and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Must be willing and able to work varied and long shifts including holidays and weekends.
• Must be able to work and staff specials events and exhibits as well as be available for unexpected shifts.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and database software and adapt well to other computer programs.