Organization: Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo
Location: Tampa, Florida, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is seeking a Full Time Grants Manager in its Office of Development.
Posting Information: Full Time, Exempt
Grants Manager Position Summary
Manages and executes the grant process, including developing the pipeline, database management, relationship management, application and grant writing and reports. With the assistance of Zoo team, identifies priorities and financial budget goals. Assists with development operations such as gift acknowledgment letters and other written documents.
Please apply online at: http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8ad8dbd139b8862b0139bcdd4ab373a4&id=8a42a12b3f83afe8013f86cd883b73ca&source=
Cover Letter Requirements:
If you are interested in applying for the Grants Manager position, in addition to your resume, please provide a cover letter, addressed "To Grants Manager Selection Committee," that includes the following:
• Your reason for interest in the position
• Experience relevant to the position
• What you believe to be essential traits for success in this position
• Your writing ability and experience
• Salary requirements
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Essential Functions (Including, but not limited to):
• Acts as primary relationship holder and contact facilitator for all grant prospects and applications.
• Develops, manages and executes foundation pipeline to insure financial growth for Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo.
• Actively prospects for new grant and funding opportunities.
• Manages information to support proposal development.
• Coordinates staff and/or volunteers as needed during grant preparation process.
• Coordinates with department managers in the development of budgets for grant submissions.
• Writes, ensures timely and accurate submission of all grants, and tracks grant proposals. Understands and observes funding requirements and guidelines. Ensures that grant reporting requirements are fulfilled.
• Tracks deadlines of all funding sources.
• Ensures compliance with guidelines of granting agencies. Reports circumstances of suspected non-compliance with Director of Development and Chief Financial Officer.
• As necessary, maintains regular communications with granting foundations by sharing Zoo publications and collateral, letters, phone calls, and personal visits where appropriate.
• Researches statistical and best practice program data for use in grant applications.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum two years of college or vocational/technical school required.
• Minimum of three to five years grant writing/grant management experience.
• Demonstrated mastery of writing skills and experience in successfully researching, writing, submitting, and securing grants. Demonstrated experience in budget and proposal development.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationship with funding sources.
Skills and Experience:
• Must be able to write thoroughly, clearly, concisely, and effectively and have the ability to adapt styles as required by the grant application/organization. Must be able to think logically/solve problems with minimal guidance.
• Must be a goal-oriented, self-starter. Must have excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
• Must have ability to recognize need for and maintain confidentiality, particularly in regards to donor information.
• Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Must have the ability to follow specific instructions and also be comfortable self-directing.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to communicate ideas and contribute effectively to the department.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time using the computer.
• Ability to use telephone and computer to communicate and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Must be proficient with Word, Excel , Raiser’s Edge or other donor database program.