Organization: Brevard Zoo
Location: Melbourne, Florida, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Responsible for a variety of duties related to animal husbandry and the maintenance of exhibits. Must be able to work as an integral part of Brevard Zoo’s team and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and guests.
• At least 2 years of paid experience working in an accredited facility.
• Experience with hoofstock and operant conditioning is preferred.
• Four-year degree in related field is preferred.
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. multiple times throughout a work shift.
• Must be able to speak intelligently and diplomatically with co-workers and the public.
• Must be able to initiate and write accurate reports and manage assigned projects. Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing.
• Possession of a valid State of Florida driver’s license.
• Able to work holidays, weekends and perform tasks in weather typical of Florida.
This is a full time position with benefits. All individuals must go through a complete background check as well as a drug test before being hired at Brevard Zoo. The selected candidate will be one who can help advance the mission of Brevard Zoo, Wildlife Conservation through Education and Participation.
Closing Date: July 13, 2013
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Tracy Sorensen at email@example.com. Only qualified applicants will be contacted, thank you for understanding. Brevard Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer