Organization: Friends of the Greenville Zoo
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The Executive Director is the principal leader who maintains the mission and the vision of the Friends of the Greenville Zoo. The Executive Director is directly responsible to the Board of Directors for administrative oversight including establishing goals and objectives, recommending, implementing and overseeing policies, budgets and staffing directed
toward achieving the organization’s mission. This person will also be responsible for ongoing development and directing the major capital campaign to support the Greenville Zoo’s 10-15 year Master Plan. As the external face of the organization, the successful candidate will be expected to represent the Friends to political officials, government agency representatives, members, donors, grantors, partners, and the public. The Executive Director will hold a key leadership role in moving the Friends organization forward and ensuring the growth and future of the Greenville Zoo.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
* Report directly to the Board of Directors, as well as secondary reporting to the Director of Parks and Recreation for the City of Greenville.
* Provide visionary and strategic leadership to the Friends organization and translating that vision into measurable strategies and concrete actions that advance the organization.
* Partner with the zoo and the City of Greenville on the Master Plan and all other related business. As the chief liaison to the Zoo staff and City of Greenville, look to build a positive and collaborative partnerships.
* Direct and manage the capital campaign in partnership with the zoo and the City of Greenville.
* Oversee the economic impact study, as well as well as feasibility study for the Master Plan
* Oversee the implementation of the strategic plan as it pertains to the Master Plan.
* Provide leadership for the organization by overseeing the day-to-day affairs and managing the operations coordinator.
* Direct and manage development for the organization - set fundraising strategies and goals, and identify and solicit potential corporate and private donors.
* Raise 3-5 times annual salary in the form of grants, sponsorships, contributions and unrestricted funds in the first year.
* Establish an external presence and becoming the face of Friends of the Greenville Zoo to the community. Look to build strong relationships with city and county officials, key corporate leaders and potential partners.
* Oversee the grant application process.
* Ensure Friends legal and financial status to ensure full compliance, as well as provide effective financial and administrative management.
* Provide administrative oversight including recommending, implementing and overseeing policies, procedures and staffing directed toward achieving the organization’s mission.
* Bachelor’s Degree in English, Business, Marketing/Communications/Journalism, Humanities, Behavioral Science or a related field.
* Ten (10) years of experience in a non-profit agency. Leadership role preferred.
* Experience in development and fundraising major gifts a must.
* The successful candidate will exhibit enthusiasm, perseverance, diplomacy, political savvy, and a strategic mindset.
* Experience with advocacy, fiscal management, strategic planning and staff supervision.
* Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships with board members, zoo staff and the City of Greenville, as well as city and county officials and key Upstate corporate and community leaders
* Excellent leadership, networking and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations.
* Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects.
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Ability to clearly communicate ideas and thoughts in written and verbal form.
* Strong presentation skills before small and large audiences.
* Managerial experience is a must.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org