Organization: Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo
Location: Tampa, Florida, Country
Job or Internship: Internship
Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo Internships Available
Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo (TLPZ) is currently seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals interested in a variety of career paths associated with Zoos and Aquariums. Below are the internship programs available for the Fall 2013 term:
• African Hoofstock Internship
• Animal Science: Livestock Internship
• Aquarist Internship
• Asian Gardens Internship
• Aviary Internship
• Development Internship
• Education Administration Internship
• Education Teaching Internship
• Elephant Internship
• Florida Mammals Internship
• Graphics / Fine Art Internship
• Herpetology Internship
• Marketing Digital Photography Internship
• Marketing Media Production Internship
• Primates Internship
• Public Relations Internship
• Quality Service Internship
• Sales Internship
• Special Events Internship
Apply online by going to the following link and select the internship program of your choice:
Please note that internship applications are now only accepted online and may no longer be submitted by mail, email, or fax.
Deadline to Apply for Fall Programs: July 4, 2013
Who is eligible? Applicants must:
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
• Be a Junior, Senior, or Master’s level students or recent graduate.
Intern Schedule Requirements
• Must be willing and able to commit to a 14 week internship
• Animal Department Interns must be able to commit to a schedule of a minimum of 25 hours per week. Some nights and weekends may be required.
• Education Department Interns must be able to commit to a schedule of a minimum of 15-20 hours per week. Some nights and weekends may be required.
• Operations/Administration Department Interns must be able to commit to a schedule of a minimum of 15 - 20 hours per week. Some nights and weekends may be required.
If an internship offer is made:
• Candidate will be responsible for a non-refundable $25 Application Fee.
• All offers are contingent on the successful completion of a criminal background screening.
• Education Department offers are also contingent on successful completion of a Level 2 fingerprint and background screening.
• Animal Department offers are also contingent on receipt of documentation of negative TB test within the last 12 months and Tetanus vaccination within the last 5 years.
Please visit http://www.lowryparkzoo.com/internships.php for more information. Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.