Organization: Wildlife Safari
Location: Winston, Oregon, United States
Job or Internship: Internship
The Education Department at Wildlife Safari is currently accepting intern applications. This Internship offers an exciting, hands-on and unique opportunity. This internship is geared to individuals who want to explore a profession in Zoo Education. Education Department Intern duties include (but are not limited to): Conducting guided tours, zoo camps, overnights, educational outreach presentations, and animal care. We’re looking for a person with great people skills, an animal lover with an energetic and positive personality. As an intern you will care for the outreach animals and learn to use them as animal ambassadors.
• Must have at least two years toward a college degree in an animal related field
• Preferred to have some animal related experience
• Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license
• Negative TB test
• Good people skills
• Ability to work over 40 hours a week
• Must be willing to work overnight camps
• Able to speak to the public both individually and in a presentation setting
• Interns must present themselves in a professional manner during their internship.
The internship is unpaid for a period of three months. Off-site housing is offered for a
small fee (no pets allowed). Transportation is NOT provided.
Start dates are flexible.
To apply send resume and cover letter to
Wildlife Safari, Department of Education, PO Box 1600, Winston, OR. 97496 or email to email@example.com