Organization: Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo
Location: Tampa, Florida, Country
Job or Internship: Job
Apply online at http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8ad8dbd139b8862b0139bcdd4ab373a4&id=8acda1103e4e48c1013e67bcaa137c73&source=
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Cover Letter Requirements:
If you are interested in applying for the Ride Supervisor
position, in addition to your application and resume, please upload a cover letter, addressed to
"Tony Campbell, Park Services Manager," that includes the following:
•Reason for interest in the position
•Summary of experience relevant to the position
Rides Supervisor Position Summary:
Responsible for overall day-to-day operations of all rides. Ensures increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of department operations. Responsible for daily inspections, safety and training, human resource needs, general operations, and revenue and attendance tracking, supervision, training, and appropriate staffing.
Essential Functions (Including, but not limited to):
• Responsible for patrolling rides and ride areas and actively seeking out ways to improve the guest experience including quality of service provided by ride attendants and operators, safety, ride and ride area cleanliness, tidiness, and overall appearance.
• Responsible for the ride safety program including ensuring employees follow ride, ride vehicle, and ride area safety guidelines, providing position-specific safety training, and holding employees accountable for following all safety standards and rules.
• Responsible for all record keeping and daily logs of the mechanical and animal rides, ride-related vehicles, and ride areas and ensures compliance with all regulations governing these operations.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating all manuals, procedures, and training materials for each ride and area and ensures that guidelines set by the manufacturer of the ride, industry experts, and governing authorities are followed. Coordinates with both internal and external contacts in the field to ensure all manuals, procedures, and training materials reflect latest and best practices.
• Coordinates with maintenance and ensures that the mechanical rides, ride related vehicles, and ride areas are maintained and operating properly and meeting all safety standards. This includes all rides and equipment used by the ride attendants.
• Responsible for proper and safe operation of all rides, ride-related vehicles, and ride areas. Monitors and ensures subordinates monitor weather equipment and ensures ride attendants respond appropriately.
• In consideration for employee, guest, and animal safety ensures that areas are properly secured at all times. Avoids potential unsafe conditions or injury through continued supervision, staff training, area inspections, and proactive behavior.
• Supervises ride staff including hiring, training, safety, evaluation, motivation, discipline, termination, and addresses general human resource needs of subordinates.
• Schedules, organizes, supervises, and continuously monitors ride employees and volunteers and ensures timely operation of rides.
• Provides and ensures subordinates provide excellent internal and external guest service at all times. Enforces and ensures subordinates enforce ride safety guidelines in a professional, appropriate, and courteous manner.
• Ensures company and regulatory compliance related to functional areas of responsibility. Enhances, develops, implements, and enforces policies and procedures of functional areas of responsibility.
• Continually keeps Operations Management informed of ride, ride vehicles, and ride area safety concerns, ride closures, maintenance issues, and concerns.
• Recommends to Operations Management new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in safety and efficiency related to functional areas of responsibility.
• Proactively implements systems for securing and tracking ride revenue and supplies to prevent theft.
• Patrols public areas of Zoo grounds daily, interacting with guests and employees, to proactively identify ways to improve all aspects of the guest experience.
• Responds to emergency situations as required. Immediately responds to any ride-related incident.
Roles and Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
• Acts as manager-on-duty as assigned by the VP of Operations.
• Produces daily written reports and ongoing work requests for rides. Works with Maintenance department to track work request timeline and completion.
• Responsible for keeping inventory of supplies for the ride operations, processing purchase orders according to the Zoo’s Purchasing Policy.
• Assists with hands-on support of daily operations of the Zoo and all Zoo events.
• Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting areas of responsibility.
• Works with Maintenance Department to manage rides preventative and emergency maintenance.
• Oversees all aspects of token machines (cash pick-ups, machine repair/maintenance, and supply orders).
• Interacts with and coordinates with Guest Services and Operations management in developing operating guidelines and plans in regards to daily operations and special events.
• Responsible for all ride coverage daily and relieves employees on position as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two years of college or vocational/technical school preferred.
• Minimum of three years guest service experience required.
• Demonstrated experience in compliance, record keeping, project management, or related field.
• Minimum of two years supervisory experience required.
• Some specialized training in customer service or the hospitality industry is preferred.
Skills and Experience:
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Must have the ability to follow specific instructions and also be comfortable self-directing.
• Capacity to anticipate: ability to think ahead and plan.
• Capacity to change: ability to identify and correct operational problems quickly.
• Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Must be able to think logically and solve problems with minimal guidance.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be flexible and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude with the public.
• Ability to communicate ideas and contribute effectively to the department.
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions typical to west central Florida (i.e., heat, rain, or cold).
• Ability to use radio, telephone, and computer to communicate and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Must be willing and able to work varied and long shifts including holidays and weekends.
• Must be able to plan for, work, and staff specials events and exhibits as well as be available for unexpected shifts.
• Must be proficient with Word and Excel and be able to adapt well to various other computer programs.