Organization: The Philadelphia Zoo
Location: Philadelphia, PA, Country
Job or Internship: Job
The Guest Relations Assistant Manager-Box Office is responsible for coordination of the Zoo’s box office, ticketing and turnstile operations, including cash handling, staffing, training and POS management. This position also is responsible for assisting guests with any issues or concerns they may have during their visit to the zoo. Reports to the Director of Guest Relations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Manage day-to-day functions of box offices and turnstiles, including ticketing, cash management and reporting.
· Manage overall guest arrival and exit experiences at North and South gates.
· Hire, train, orient, supervise, and evaluate full-time and seasonal employees in accordance with established Zoo and departmental policies. Counsel and coach staff; document infractions and address performance in an objective, consistent, a timely manner.
· Remain current on all activities within the Zoo related to (or impacting) the guest experience and develop and issue correspondence and reports that communicate these activities.
· Assist with the execution of Zoo-wide guest relations activities and overseeing programs/mechanisms to monitor and evaluate service standards.
· Play an important part in performance measurement programs, which may include mystery shopper, guest experience surveys and other efforts.
· Assist with development and management of department budget.
· Act as a back-up manager as needed for other GR operations including Call Center, Attractions and Parking. May act as Director of Guest Relations in Director’s absence.
· Perform other duties, projects or task as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Minimum of three years relevant work experience and at least one year supervisory experience, preferably at a high-volume recreation or tourist destination.
· Demonstrated strong customer service skills, and experience developing and implementing visitor friendly systems and procedures.
· Demonstrated strong management skills and experience with skilled and unskilled temporary workforce. Experience establishing and maintaining productive relationships with subordinates, peers, superiors, guests and vendors.
· Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate effectively in a frequently flexible and quick moving environment.
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office required.
· Demonstrated knowledge of internal control systems for revenue and tickets.
· Able to work a flexible schedule, which will include weekends, some holidays and occasional evenings and early mornings.
PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
· Able to access staff work staff work areas, concession and visitor areas located across a 42-acre property and remote guest parking areas.
· Ability to perform all GR attendant, supervisor and manager position duties.
· No impairments of sight, smell, hearing, touch, balance, or agility of movement (which cannot be corrected with appropriate devices) that would interfere with ability to perform required work.
· Successful completion of a criminal background check prior to commencing employment
· Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test and PPD.
No allergy to plants or animals that may interfere with the ability to perform required work.
If interested, please complete our onilne application at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=5068141