Organization: Lincoln Park Zoo
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Job or Internship: Job
This position will assist in the Davee Center’s activities in endocrine research. Specifically, this person will assist with multiple laboratory projects and the development of an endocrine database.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provide support to existing projects by processing and analyzing samples in the laboratory.
• Assist with laboratory operations and functions including maintenance of equipment, purchasing and stocking supplies and reagents.
• Assist with students and staff who are working in the laboratory.
• Assist with development of new endocrine research database.
• Assist with communication of project goals and results to all relevant stakeholders.
• Participate in other endocrinology projects as needed.
• Provide general organizational assistance with all Davee Center activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Dr. Rachel Santymire of the Davee Center.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Possess expertise in the specific areas covered in ‘essential job functions’;
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of endocrinology;
• Successful candidates must have experience in laboratory procedure;
• Candidates must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks with attention to detail and accuracy;
• Possess strong computer, organizational, and communication skills (written and spoken);
• Demonstrate a commitment to wildlife conservation through management of wild and captive populations, and willingness to participate in the department’s team approach to conservation research projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in biology or closely related scientific discipline.
• Must be able to work up to 10 weekends per year.
Please visit LPZoo.org to download and complete an application. Send completed application, cover letter, resume, and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org