Organization: Sacramento Zoo
Location: Sacramento , CA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The Sacramento Zoological Society, the 501(c)3 non-profit corporation that manages the Sacramento Zoo, is seeking an experienced, innovative and dynamic Director of Development to manage its development operations. The Director of Development is responsible for planning, leading and implementing the development strategy of the Sacramento Zoological Society (SZS). Reporting to the Zoo Director/CEO, the Director of Development will direct the coordination and implementation of the contributed income programs on behalf of the organization’s goals and objectives to maximize potential and increase the base of support from donors.
This Director of Development will join the staff and board of directors in the zoo’s mission to inspire appreciation, respect and a connection with wildlife and nature through education, recreation and conservation.
• Minimum of five years experience in nonprofit development field
• Knowledge of fundraising management
• Proficient computer skills and a knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
• Strong verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively, as well as experience in grant writing
• Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
• Proven management and leadership qualities
• Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate and manage new donors
• High energy, positive attitude, organized; demonstrates flexibility, problem solving, teamwork and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
Compensation based on skills and experience
Send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Zoodevelopment@saczoo.org or mail to Mary Healy, Executive Director, Sacramento Zoo, 3930 West Land Park Drive, Sacramento, CA 95822