Organization: Museum of Science
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Sr. Systems / Network Administrator
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
This position will manage, support and implement information systems projects to augment, enhance and/or replace business systems and network infrastructure throughout the Museum. Respect for the importance and confidentiality of the information encountered is essential to the success of this position.
• IT infrastructure including approximately:
• 20 enterprise switches & 2 routers
• 110 (mostly virtualized) servers
• 120TB enterprise storage
• 450 desktop computers
• 700 users
• 3-4 major projects per year, or as strategy/priorities dictate
This position is Regular, Full-time, 40 hours/week.
Manager, IIT Infrastructure
• Bachelors of Science or Arts degree preferred.
• More than 3 years of systems/network experience
• Extensive knowledge and experience with network administration including the following:
• TCP/IP networking and related protocols
• Cisco IOS-based switches and routers (CCNA preferable)
• Cisco ASA firewalls and/or network security
• Converged communications administration (Telephone & Call Center)
• Thorough knowledge of and experience with 4 or more of the following Museum core technology standards:
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
• Microsoft Windows Active Directory
• Microsoft SharePoint 2010
• Microsoft Exchange 21010 (Hosted or On-Site)
• Microsoft SQL 2005/2008 or newer database administration
• Microsoft Windows 7 or newer operating systems
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY IN OUR DIVERSE AND DYNAMIC WORK ENVIRONMENT, SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Human Resources Department
Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 589-0362
Visit www.mos.org/jobs for our most up-to-date employment listings. No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. The Museum of Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.