Organization: Museum of Science
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Exhibit Content Developer
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
• Develop engaging, educational, accurate, accessible and relevant facilitated and un-facilitated museum experiences that effectively communicate their intended messages to a wide audience and that reflect input from the public, experts in the scientific and engineering community and from Museum staff. Collaborates with team members, project managers, other museums, and members of the community to develop and produce exhibits according to the goals of the project, on time and within budget. Support a collaborative work environment within project teams and with all Museum colleagues.
• Participate in the design and implementation of an effective program of prototyping and testing of exhibit and program components, as an integral part of the project development process. Use results of front-end and formative evaluation to develop appropriate project goals and objectives, and summative evaluation to assess their ultimate success.
• Stay abreast of developments in informal STEM education and exhibit development, sharing knowledge with colleagues, and enhancing our ability to innovate and advance the field.
• Contribute to the development of successful grant proposals by researching and writing as assigned.
This position is full-time, Monday- Friday 40 hours/week.
Director, Exhibit Development & Conservation
• Bachelors of Science or Arts and additional course work preferred.
• More than 5 years exhibit content development experience.
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY IN OUR DIVERSE AND DYNAMIC WORK ENVIRONMENT, SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Human Resources Department
Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 589-0362
Visit www.mos.org/jobs for our most up-to-date employment listings. No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. The Museum of Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.