Organization: The Florida Aquarium
Location: Tampa, FL, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Come join our animal husbandry team. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the daily operation of the aquarium’s animal food preparation program. Daily duties include:
1. Purchasing, stock management and daily preparation of the various feeds (live, frozen, fresh, prepared).
2. Forecasts projected animal food usage and purchases appropriate products and amounts.
3. Maintains and monitors on and off site food storage and common husbandry supplies inventories.
4. Ensures the commissary and storage areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary manner and are USDA compliant.
Education and Skills:
*Bachelor’s degree is preferred
* Experience in food handling, preparation and warehouse activities in zoo, aquarium or like institution is desirable
*Ability to work with mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, invertebrates and plants
*Ability to operate and maintain tools and equipment necessary for the preparation of diets: grinders, knife sharpeners, blenders, scales, mixers, hand trucks, pallet jacks, knives
Position is full time and eligible for complete benefits package. Forward resume and salary requirements to: HR@flaquarium.org