Organization: Zoo New England
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Private Functions Events Coordinator (Full Time with Benefits)
Essential Job Functions: The Private Functions Event Coordinator will work directly with the Private Functions Manager playing an important role in assisting the Manager of the department in the following core areas: Private Function sales, client development, Private Function planning, organizing and implementation of events. Discovering opportunities to increase group and individual Private Function’s sales at both Zoos is a primary essential function for this position. It is also essential that the level of personalized customer service, positive public relations with Zoo New England public is always on the forefront when delivering service. This position is a highly visible position therefore, the service level and the quality of said service levels are key to the success of this position. The Events Coordinator should be detail-oriented and able to forecast what will be needed for each event; essentially a good planner. This person should also be creative in order to introduce new ideas to ZNE. In addition, organization is important for keeping up with everyone’s questions and keeping track of the schedule of events. The Events Coordinator must be highly organized in order to ensure that all events run smoothly. It is imperative that this person be strong in e-mail communication, in order to make certain that all staff are reminded of events, etc. The Events Coordinator will play an active role in managing on-site events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate logistics of events. Schedules and maintains communication with clients, vendors, and participants. Coordinates and monitors event timelines.
• Provide support with correspondence, mass mailings and maintain a supply of marketing materials for distribution. Provide information to interested clients and the public at large about the benefits of Private Function’s opportunities for both Zoos.
• Creating and generating contracts for each event / client, maintaining hard copies of client contracts, securing entertainers for booked events, sending and keeping track of post event evaluations and small projects as assigned.
• Key contact person and manages all birthday party events. Coordinate and communicate with both internal and external customers, including Zoo staff, vendors, private event clients, and Zoo visitors to ensure the success of each event.
• Work in conjunction with the Private Functions Events Manager to expand new programs.
• Provide excellent customer service
Minimum Job Requirements: 2 plus years of Rentals and Events experience. Excellent organizational skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse populations are required. Ability to meet deadlines with attentiveness to details with a bottom line orientation is desired. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and the ability to lift 20 - 40 lbs. is required. Must have a driver’s license with a clean driving record in order to work between Stone and Franklin Park events
Location: Franklin Park Zoo – Boston
Salary: Please submit your salary requirements.
Please submit your application and salary requirements:
- via email, as MS Word attachment, to firstname.lastname@example.org, yet please ensure to state the title of the position in the subject line.
- Or fax your application to: 617-445-1671
- By mail to Office of Human Resources, Zoo New England, One Franklin Park Rd, Boston, MA. 02121
No Phone Calls Please. Zoo New England is an equal opportunity employer by choice.