Organization: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc.
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Responsible for delivering dynamic guest experiences on a daily basis.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Animal training, husbandry and public presentations with a collection of mammals, birds, reptiles and invertebrates.
• Engage zoo visitors with excellent customer service and deliver fun, friendly and impactful interpretive experiences that align with the Dallas Zoo’s Mission.
• Operate the monorail train and narrate fun and educational information to guests regarding animals, conservation, and other points of interest at the Dallas Zoo.
• Operate and Maintain technology based interpretive tools and biofacts used to educate and engage guests.
• Understand and uphold Zoo policies and protocols to ensure safe, efficient operations and positive guest experiences.
• Work irregular hours including weekends and occasional weeknights.
• Other duties as assignedQUALIFICATIONS• Experience in animal husbandry and animal handling preferred.
• Experience with public speaking/public presentations desired. Bi-lingual skills preferred in English and Spanish.
• Experience in education, interpretation, or customer service based field desired. Ideal candidate will have an understanding of zoological parks and a strong appreciation for wildlife and the environment.
• Candidate must possess excellent organizational skill and the ability to function in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and independently to achieve positive results.• Must be able to walk, stand for extended time, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 50lbs.
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays and some evenings.
• Must be able and willing to actively work outdoors in all weather.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills required.
• Must have a valid drivers license.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career.
If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants MUST place job code INTSP in the subject line to be considered.