Organization: Brevard Zoo
Location: Melbourne, FL, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Provides administrative assistance and substantive support to the organization’s fundraising and development programs and endeavors. Assists the Director of Development in implementing all aspects of the development plan, including comprehensive database management and grants management.
• Manage donor database system and continually update so that it is precisely accurate with comprehensive and complete donor information.
• Update donor database with appropriate donor categories, i.e. Government, VIP, Sponsors or Corporate Partners.
• Organize and maintain development records, office files, and individual and corporate donor files.
• Run reports from donor database using criteria requested by management or for special projects.
• Work with Directors of Marketing and Membership to ensure accuracy and timeliness of database updates related to cross-over information.
• First line of focus for grant management for the zoo.
• Maintain boilerplate templates that can be utilized for grant submissions.
• Research and identify grants appropriate for initiatives and programs.
• Manage existing grants by tracking grants, developing and implementing internal reporting systems, writing reports, maintaining historical records, working with staff to ensure each project or program is meeting proposal conditions, deadlines and expectations.
• Track, update and oversee status of pending grant submissions and re-submissions.
• Develop and prioritize projects and proposals: prepare a calendar for tracking; meet and work with staff to elicit projects and programs that need support, manage meetings to vet projects and programs for funding.
• Maintain grant files for audit purposes.
• Assist Development Director and Development Coordinator with administrative needs on projects including mailings, e-mail blasts, meeting coordination, etc.
• Maintain photo catalogue of donor plaques and recognition throughout the zoo grounds.
• Research development department needs at the direction of the Development Director, i.e. methods of donation, website analysis, memorials, donor recognition, vendors, etc.
• Assist in creation and implementation of a memorial recognition program.
• Work with Development Coordinator and Events Coordinator to implement decisions of special events committees.
• Assist Development team on site at zoo special events, i.e. set up, vendor assistance, guest check in and departure.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; may be substituted by Associate’s Degree with comprehensive work experience.
• Minimum of two years prior administrative experience, preferably in a fundraising or not-for-profit development office.
• Experience and proficiency with managing databases. Fundraising software and experience with Donor Perfect, a plus.
• Experience and proficiency in managing grants.
• Grants writing experience helpful.
• Strong proficiency and experience in the full suite of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to compose letters, draft reports and create copy for newsletters that is detailed, persuasive, accurate, complete and error-free.
• Finance experience and understanding of grant management and the audit function.
• Highly developed interpersonal, networking and rapport building skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to effectively prioritize work and complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ability to multi-task and manage the completion of multiple projects, often with shifting priorities.
• Familiarity with local donor community is preferred.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to Jackie Fisher, Human Resources Director, Brevard Zoo, 8225 N. Wickham Rd. Melbourne, FL 32940 or via e-mail at email@example.com
No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2013.