Organization: South Carolina Aquarium
Location: Charleston, SC, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Join the team at Charleston's #1 Visitor Attraction located on the Pristine Charleston Harbor!
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in building and strengthening relationships with donors and donor prospects through detailed stewardship vehicles, events, and personal interactions. This position will also provide overall administrative support for the President & CEO and Director of Institutional Advancement to ensure the executive office functions in an organized, efficient and professional manner.
• Provides direct administrative support for the President & CEO and Director of Institutional Advancement.
• Prepares and maintains all corporate documents for the Board of Directors, including board notes and meeting minutes from board and committee meetings.
• Responsible for meeting planning, coordination, and preparation of materials for all Board and committee meetings.
• Maintains frequent and effective communication with senior staff, ensuring the effective dissemination of information required for Board and Committee meetings.
• Coordinates special projects as directed by the President & CEO and Director of Institutional Advancement.
• Screens and processes all mail sent to the Executive office.
• Prepares and monitors the Executive office and Institutional Advancement budgets
• Update donor records based on notes and meetings from President & CEO, Director of Institutional Advancement and Board Members after meetings, calls, emails, etc.
• Assist in establishing advancement related appointments, coordinating meetings/lunches/etc. with potential major donors for President & CEO.
• Actively collaborate with the Development, Membership and Sales teams to develop effective donor recognition strategies, including yearlong, highly individualized stewardship plans
• Working closely with Development and Membership colleagues to manage and develop segmented acknowledgement program, including but not limited to The Aquarium Society, charter members, and planned giving society
• Provides support for major donor events by preparing invitation lists, tracking RSVPs and preparing name badges, etc.
• Supports the President and CEO and Director of Institutional Advancement at public events and appearances, as needed.
• Adhere to the South Carolina Aquarium Policies.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
• Supports the mission by participating in Aquarium sponsored programs and events on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management, including Board leadership.
• Detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office and Raiser’s Edge.
• Personal commitment to conservation and environmental issues an advantage.
Education/ Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• 5-7 years experience in similar capacity.
• Non-profit experience a plus.
Supervision of Others
• Not applicable.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience and Education
Qualified Applicants please submit Cover Letter and Resume' to: firstname.lastname@example.org