Organization: Tracy Aviary
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The Bird Programs Department at Tracy Aviary seeks a mature, highly motivated educator experienced with camp facilitation to join its Education Team for a summer seasonal camp facilitator position.
The bulk of the duties of this 40-hour a week position will involve preparation and facilitation of eight weeks of Tracy Aviary Avian Adventure Summer Camps. Additional duties may include formal and non-formal programs with youth and the general public. Such programs may include tours, interpreting at exhibits and staffing special events.
This 40-hour per week position runs twelve weeks from start date. We seek candidates who are able to start the week of May 27st, and end no sooner than Wednesday, August 14th.
Wage: $9 per hour
• Youth camp and leadership experience
• Certification in CPR and First Aid
• Demonstrated interest in a career in the field of Education
• Effective in working well collaboratively and managing time efficiently
• Highly motivated and innovative, well organized, eager to take on new tasks and meet commitments
Additional and Preferred Qualifications
• A bachelor’s degree in education, natural resources, environmental studies, conservation, biology, zoology or related field from an approved college or university. Applications still working toward a degree will be considered.
• Knowledge about regional birds and avian ecology
• Skills in presenting to mixed groups
• Food Hander’s Permit
• Proficiency in word processing, layout and editing
• Familiarity with learning assessment tools and strategies
Position available starting May 27th 2013. Open until filled.
Applications are being accepted immediately. No telephone calls please. Send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Jenn Waterhouse, Bird Programs Manager, at email@example.com . Visit www.tracyaviary.org for more information about Tracy Aviary.