Organization: Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens
Location: Naples, Florida, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The Naples Zoo is seeking an experienced Hoofstock Keeper. This position is full-time and includes working with a small variety of species including greater kudu, impala, yellow-backed duiker, zebra, and blackbuck. The ability to be cross-trained on other areas within the hoofstock section is expected.
* daily animal husbandry, including feeding, cleaning of exhibits, holdings, and service areas
* participate in operant conditioning and enrichment programs
* assist with veterinary procedures
* assist with movement, capture, and restraint of animals
* some diet preparation, as well as close monitoring of changing animal dietary requirements
* detailed record keeping, good observation skills, and the ability to report any changes in behavior and health concerns to management
* exhibit maintenance and design input
* public speaking at daily scheduled Meet the Keeper talks
* other duties as assigned by the Director of Animal Services or Park Keeper Supervisor.
Preferred candidates will have at least 2 years of experience as a hoofstock keeper in an AZA-accredited institution. Candidates must have an excellent safety record and a strong work history. Candidate must be a team player as well as have the ability to work on his/her own. This position requires the ability to lift 50 pounds, work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Successful candidates must maintain a valid driver’s license, have a recent negative TB test, and pass a drug screening. Applicants are required to have a 4 year college degree in biology, zoology, or related field or an equivalent level of work experience.
Please submit resumes by email to email@example.com or by mail to Naples Zoo, Human Resources, 1590 Goodlette Road N, Naples, FL 34102