Organization: Adventure Aquarium
Location: Camden, NJ, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Oversees a 40+ person team to run a 7 day-a-week guest contact operation that provides an efficient, high-quality visitor experience from entry to departure. Embrace and model excellent customer service, run efficient business operations and develop high employee morale. Manage the day-to-day operation of the aquarium ticketing system. Provide daily reports with regard to attendance and sales.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• As a member of management, you will coach, guide, lead by example, and create an environment where people work as a team, and empower each other by being patient, kind, humble, respectful, selfless, forgiving, honest and committed when interacting with one another and the guests.
• All cast members must understand the significance of their role and how they can positively impact visitors. Pro-active, friendly communication will be expected at all times, as well as anticipating visitors’ needs and desires.
• Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Guest Services Department including ticketing, entry and exit points, information desk, 4-D attraction and group lunch areas.
• Maintain weekly schedules, process timesheets and update other personnel related records.
• Coach and guide team members to ensure they understand their role and its importance to the overall visitor experience
• Develop and implement procedures for group arrival, check-in and departure process. Coordinate these activities on a daily basis to ensure the process is smooth, organized and efficient.
• Manage all facets ticketing operations including cash control, 4D up-sells, pass/voucher redemptions and annual pass upgrades.
• Prepare daily schedule of assignments and equipment for Guest Services cast.
• Conduct morning meeting for Guest Relations cast that is informative, motivating and responsive.
• Issue uniforms, including nametags, to new hires and existing employees and maintain an adequate uniform inventory.
• Respond immediately to customer complaints and concerns; use judgment to resolve complaints to the guest satisfaction.
• Work with vendors to ensure effective delivery of goods and services including ticket system administration, ticket stock and visitor maps.
• Work with Safety Manager to ensure guest safety. Attend Safety Committee meetings and communicate information to Guest Relations supervisors and managers. Maintain and track incident reports and make recommendations based on report information.
• Comply with safety and security directives, policies and procedures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• College degree required.
• 1-3 years experience in customer service/sales/admissions management position.
• Experience managing a team of 40+ people including managers and supervisors.
• Experience with cash handling, tracking, loss prevention and accounting systems for generated revenue.
• Experience with complex ticketing systems. (Omni experience preferred).
• Must lead by example, have strong communication skills and be able to work with the general public.
• Must be able to motivate and energize a diverse group of team members.
• Must be able to handle confidential information.
• Must be willing to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, including weekends and holidays.
• Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel.
PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
• No allergy to plants or animals which may interfere with ability to work.
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Spend at least half the day walking/standing in aquarium public spaces.
• Ability to push/pull up to fifty pounds.
Apply on-line at www.adventureaquarium.com or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 856-365-3313.