Organization: Brevard Zoo
Location: Melbourne, Fl., Country
Job or Internship: Job
Basic Function: Responsible for the daily care of the animals in the areas in which they have been trained and interacting with guests and employees. Must be able to work as an integral part of the zoo team and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and guests.
• At least 2 years of paid experience working in an accredited facility.
• Demonstrated experience with operant conditioning.
• Four-year degree in related field preferred.
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. multiple times throughout a work shift.
• Must be able to speak intelligently and diplomatically with the co-workers and the public.
• Must be able to initiate and write accurate reports and manage assigned projects. Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing.
• Excellent interpersonal skills required.
• Possession of a valid State of Florida driver’s license.
• Able to work holidays, weekends and perform tasks in weather typical of Florida.
This position is a full-time Brevard Zoo employee with complete medical benefits and vacation package. All individuals must go through a complete background check as well as a drug test before being hired at Brevard Zoo. Individuals are also expected to have a valid Florida driver’s license and be able to lift at least 50 pounds on a daily basis.
The selected candidate will be one who can help advance the mission of Brevard Zoo, which is Wildlife Conservation through Education and Participation.
Closing Date: March 30, 2013.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Kerry Sweeney at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 8225 North Wickham Road, Melbourne, FL 32940.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted, thank you for understanding.
Brevard Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.