Organization: New England Aquarium
Location: Boston, , Country
Job or Internship: Job
TITLE: Gift Processing and Donor Records Assistant
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Gift Processing and Development Systems
HOURS: Full Time Regular, 35 hours per week, Monday- Friday
The Gift Processing and Donor Records Assistant will support the New England Aquarium’s Development team in providing high-quality donor relations and database maintenance activities in a fast-paced and multi-faceted fundraising office. This position is responsible for entering $500 and below membership and annual fund gifts and donor information in the Development Office’s database of record, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge. The primary function is data entry while maintaining accuracy and integrity. Other duties will include running daily, weekly, and monthly gift reconciliation reports for Finance, making cash deposits, and running quality control reports. This position will report to the Supervisor of Gift Processing and Development Systems within the Donor Services unit, but will receive assignments also from the Supervisor of Donor Services and Stewardship.
1. Processes cash, stock, credit card, in-kind and corporate matching gifts through direct mail (lockbox, mail, phone, etc.), telemarketing, online (Luminate), and the Aquarium’s ticketing system (Vantix ATMS). Accurate and timely gift and constituent entry.
2. Maintains constituent and gift entry on Raiser’s Edge, including address information, membership levels and expiration dates and paper and electronic donor records within the Development Office, ensuring PCI compliance when handling sensitive financial and gift information.
3. Determines the appropriate gift designation and reviews and reconciles each individual gift batch processed.
4. Deposits gifts to the Cash Room on a daily basis; Processes credit card transactions, gift adjustments and refunds through Raiser’s Edge and Luminate.
5. Works closely with the other Gift Processing and Donor Records Assistant; Processes Society and Annual Fund $500 and above gifts assigned by the Supervisor of Donor Services and Stewardship.
6. Helps to implement new gift processing and acknowledgement policies and procedures within the Development Office, to improve workflow.
7. Runs gift reconciliation reports from Raiser’s Edge as; investigates discrepancies with any reports, gifts or constituent records.
8. Updates the development project schedule.
9. Generates tax receipt letters for specific programs where donations are typically under $500, including gifts of membership and animal sponsorship gifts.
10. Provides administrative support to the fundraising operation and performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred; minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in gift processing, records management or comparable fundraising experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be dedicated, hardworking and motivated and have the ability to work well with others and independently. Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy when processing gifts and entering data. Strong ethical sense to handle confidential and sensitive gift and donor information appropriately. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, the Internet and relational databases. Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and Luminate preferred.
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.NEAQ.ORG TO APPLY ONLINE