Organization: The Philadelphia Zoo
Location: Philadelphia, PA, Country
Job or Internship: Job
This leader will serve as a member of the Zoo’s Guest Relations team and will be responsible for the overall quality of the guest experience at the Zoo. This position plans, directs, manages, and oversees the activities and operations of the Guest Relations department as it relates to the experiences that the Zoo delivers to its guests in preparation for, during and after their visit. Reports to the Vice President of Guest Relations.
· Overall responsibility for the following departments:
· Zoo Ticketing and Admissions
· Membership Sales Operations and Call Center
· Defining the Zoo’s guest experience both quantitatively (programs and services offered) and qualitatively (standards and outcomes desired) and overseeing the execution of the guest experience standards throughout the Zoo.
· Handling guest complaints/inquiries/suggestions and developing short-term and long-term plans to prevent re-occurring issues.
· Development and management of department budget.
· Overseeing performance measurement programs, including mystery shopper, employee survey, guest experience surveys and other efforts.
· Working with other departments to define their contributions to the guest experience and ensuring that it is carried out in accordance with the Zoo’s guest relation’s standards.
· Managing the accuracy of Zoo’s various calendars of programs and events, and overseeing all information provided to guests including but not limited to the automated phone messaging, the Philadelphia Zoo website and the daily map.
· Overseeing employee hiring, orientation and training and assisting with development of an employee incentive program within department.
· Coaching and developing other managers.
· Developing and issuing correspondence and reports that communicate activities within the Zoo related to (or impacting) the guest experience.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of five years work related experience and at least two-year supervisory experience, preferably at an attraction venue.
· Demonstrated strong customer service, and experience developing and implementing guest centric systems and procedures.
· Experience managing an operation budget and variable labor costs.
· Proven track record in a fast-paced, high-volume environment; strong problem solving and decision making skills; well organized and detail oriented.
· Proficiency in state-of-the-art ticketing systems, POS and related information systems. Experience with Microsoft programs and spreadsheets.
· Demonstrated knowledge of internal control systems for cash and tickets.
· Adept at forging effective relationships with key people and interest groups within the organization, e.g., all levels of employees, managers, union leaders, volunteer leaders, etc.
· Able to work a flexible schedule, which will include weekends, some holidays and occasional evenings.
· Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test and PPD.
· No allergy to plants or animals, which may interfere with the ability to work.
· Able to access staff work staff work areas, concession and visitor areas located across a 42-acre property and remote guest parking areas.
Successful completion of a criminal background check prior to commencing employment.
If interested, please complete our online application at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=4216971
The Philadelphia Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a smoke free workplace.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the volume of applications received, the Philadelphia Zoo’s utilizes an online application only. Paper applications and resumes will not be accepted. In order for the Human Resources team to fully review your application and qualifications, please include a copy of your resume and/or employment history. Preference will be given to those applicants that attach a resume and/or detailed job history.
For more information about the Philadelphia Zoo, America’s first zoo, please visit www.philadelphiazoo.org.