Organization: The Calgary Zoological Society
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Job or Internship: Job
The Calgary Zoological Society is committed to excellence in animal stewardship and conservation leadership. Our staff and volunteers are what make us a success in these activities and keep us focused on our commitment to engage visitors in enjoyable and unique experiences, connect our community with nature, and inspire actions which support conservation. If you would like to be part of this team, we have the following permanent position available in our Animal Care department:
ANIMAL CARE ADMINISTRATOR
Accountable to the General Curator, this position is directly responsible for providing general administrative support to the animal care department. This includes providing support to the Director; Animal Care, Conservation & Research.
• Provides administrative support to the Director; Animal Care, Conservation & Research; this includes arranging travel arrangements, drafting correspondence, schedule management, etc.
• Provides administrative support to animal care managers/curators.
• Oversees staff uniform requirements and distribution.
• Coordinates the activities of a variety of meetings. This includes confirming agenda and distributing minutes. Specifically, the point of contact for Labour Management meetings.
• Assists department with various items such as tracking of invoices, correspondence, product location and ordering.
• Assists with data entry: animal records, morbidity, mortality and pathology records.
• Assists curators and managers by providing project assistance (data entry, CAZA, NARG program, filing, photocopying and other related duties).
• Assists with budget management including data entry and invoice tracking.
• Provides reception coverage for front desk.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Other tasks and projects as required.
• Graduate of post-secondary institution or equivalent degree
• 2-5 years experience in an administrative/technical/professional function.
• Proven ability to work independently and set priorities.
• Excellent communication (written and oral), organizational, interpersonal and research skills.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Word and Excel.
• Understands the importance of diplomacy and confidentiality.
• Professional and mature demeanour.
• Working knowledge of zoo terminology is considered an asset.
• Sedentary position.
• Requires extensive use of computer.
• Some mobility on grounds required.
• Must be available to work weekends when required.
What the Zoo has to Offer:
• Competitive compensation package
• Annual performance bonus
• Flexible benefits plan, including a health spending account
• Employer matching RRSP program
• Competitive vacation and flex days entitlement
• Discounts on food, beverage and merchandise
• A complimentary annual pass for you and your immediate family members
• A fun work environment and the opportunity to work in a park full of wild animals!
If you are a highly motivated and experienced individual we invite you to send your resume, along with a covering letter, in confidence, no later than March 8, 2013. Please quote the position title in the subject line.
The Calgary Zoological Society
1300 Zoo Road NE
Fax: (403) 695-3807
PLEASE, NO PHONE INQUIRIES.
Applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.