Organization: Dallas Zoo Management, Inc
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Responsible for teaching Summer Camps during the 2013 season, Monday – Friday, up to 40 hours per week (June 17th – August 16th). This is a non-benefited, seasonal position.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead full and half day camps at the Dallas Zoo and the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park for children ages Pre-K through 8th grade.
• Responsible for organized activities, crafts, snacks, tours and live animal encounters.
• Responsible for the set-up and clean up of daily activities and interacting with teen volunteers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• B.A. /B.S. in Photography, Biology, Education or related field preferred.
• Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Must be flexible and willing to assist with a variety of teaching and administrative duties.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances.
• Must be able to work outside.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Experience with photo editing software and experience photographing wildlife preferred.
• At least one year of teaching experience in a classroom, non-formal science center, zoo or nature center preferred.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
Join the Dallas Zoo Management, Inc. community to experience a unique, challenging and rewarding career. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applicants MUST place job code SCPI in the subject line to be considered.