Organization: South Carolina Aquarium
Location: Charleston, SC, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Join the team at Charleston's #1 Visitor Attraction located on the Pristine Charleston Harbor!
This position serves as a general information source for the Aquarium and is the primary contact for incoming phone calls. Additionally, this position will also include daily data entry into the ticketing software and other programs. Meticulous attention to detail and an upbeat demeanor are required for this customer service position.
• Answer calls into the Customer Service Center, including general information, payments and bookings.
• Enter transactions and reservation information into the Siriusware ticketing system
• Process payments and contracts through ticketing system
• Responsible for balanced, daily closeout.
• Enter comp tickets and comp reservations into Siriusware ticketing system
• Assemble and mail sales kits based on requests.
• Process all ticket donation requests
• Process all Community Cares ticket requests
• Process all incoming mail
• Weekly follow up of reservation payments and contracts
• Maintain stock collateral in the Customer Service Center.
• Enter data and update client information in Siriusware database.
• Assist with Aquarium marketing efforts, as directed
• Make weekly confirmation calls to client, as directed
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the mission by participating in Aquarium sponsored programs and events on a regular basis.
• Maintain a pleasant and professional attitude at all times. Customer service and quality assurance are priority.
• Organize and maintain call center files.
• Any other related duties as requested by Assistant Director of Sales or Director of Business Strategy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Professional, customer-oriented individual with excellent telephone skills. As a voice of the Aquarium, this person will often be the first contact that someone has with the Aquarium and it is essential that this person have a strong connection to the Aquarium mission and goals.
• Possess excellent organizational, telephone, and communication skills.
• Prior experience of a reservation and ticketing system a must.
• Microsoft Office, Outlook, Siriusware (or other ticketing software) knowledge helpful.
• Must be flexible and have a willingness to learn.
• Must be able to work 5 days per week with a set schedule, including weekends and holidays
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Reservations, ticketing, telemarketing and/or front desk experience preferred
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma or GED
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
• Not required
Requires average walking, standing, bending, stooping, crouching, sitting, kneeling, balancing, pushing and pulling, crawling, climbing ladders, computer and phone tasks in a normal office environment.
Normal office environment, contact with public and vendors, occasional travel, weekends and late nights.
Please e-mail resume's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Commensurate with Experience and Education.