Organization: South Carolina Aquarium
Location: Charleston, SC, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Join the team at Charleston's #1 Visitor Attraction located on the Pristine Charleston Harbor!
Act as representative of the Aquarium to Corporate and Group Tour markets, thereby increasing targeted revenue and strengthening relationships. This position is a contact for group sales reservation processing, as well as outside sales calls and relationship building.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Work with client lists in assigned territories to exceed the Corporate and Group Sales goals
• Enter reservations and sales into the Siriusware Ticketing system
• Maintain consistent reservation and client information within Siriusware
• Support new and current clients through relationship building, sales calls and site tours
• Support the Customer Call Center with phone coverage and data entry, when assigned
• Make outbound phone calls from a client list on a weekly basis
• Insure all client payments and contracts are up to date within the reservation system
• Work as a team to meet sales goals in assigned areas
• Track current sales trends monthly
• Participate in off-site networking events related to assigned markets as needed
• Provide support to the Sales Team and the Assistant Director of Sales as directed
• Participate in after hour Aquarium events as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Other Duties & Responsibilities
• Minor degree of travel required, including occasional overnight trips. Reliable transportation required.
• Any other related duties as requested by the Assistant Director of Sales and Director of Business Strategy
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
• Proficient in database management.
• Must have excellent sales and organizational skills.
• Prefer knowledge of the hospitality industry
• Exemplary organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be a team player and self-motivated.
• Experience with Outlook and Siriusware or other ticketing software preferred
Education/ Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in business and/or related field.
• Prefer experience in direct sales within the hospitality industry.
• Public relations experience.
License or Certification Required
• Valid Drivers License
Supervision of Others
• No current direct reports
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Often requires walking, standing, bending, stooping, crouching, carrying up to 50 lb, sitting, kneeling, driving, computer and phone tasks
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment, contact with public and vendors, occasional travel, weekends and late nights
Please e-mail resume's to: email@example.com
Salary: Commensurate with Experience and Education.