Organization: The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center
Location: West Yellowstone, Montana, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Do you enjoy meeting and working with new people? Are you friendly and outgoing but still focused and determined to get your job done? Do you excel in taking initiatives and customer service? Do you love working up close and personal with amazing wild animals and beautiful surrounding environment? If you answer is "YES" to all of the questions, the Center is the place for you!
THE GRIZZLY AND WOLF DISCOVERY CENTER has several openings for seasonal full-time (40 hours)/part-time (20-24 hours) Retail and Admission Staff.
• Sells gift shop merchandise and admissions tickets
• Welcomes visitors and assists them with the purchase of admission tickets and gift shop merchandise
• Responds to visitors' questions and needs in a prompt and professional manner
• Responsible for shift reports and deposits
• Coordinates with other departments, using telephone and operator radio
• Take company phone calls, take messages, and be able to operate the intercom to forward calls
• Responsible for daily cleaning, vacuuming, and dusting displays, doors and windows, at the beginning or at the end of your shift depending on your work schedule
• During the shift, keeps the gift shop and admissions area clean and organized
• Be enthusiastic and initiative to promote gift shop sales, memberships, and adoptions
• Complies with the department and the Center's policies and protocols
• MUST be flexible to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Friendly, outgoing, and smiley. If the day is not your day, be able to suppress any hard feelings or bad mood and not showing it in front of customers. Keep smiling :)
• Must have strong communication and public speaking skills
• Must be able to learn fast, multi-task and solve problems in an efficient and calm manner
• Must be neutral on such heated topics as wild captive animals and environment
• Must have knowledge of computer usage and basic math calculation, be familiar with cash register
• International applicants must have an authorization to work in the US, have strong command of English, and be familiar with cash register and US money currency
• Walk in and drop your resume at the Center's gift shop OR
• Email your resume at email@example.com or fax to 406-646-7004 OR
• Mail your resume to
The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center
P.O. Box 996, West Yellowstone, MT 59758 (Attn: Application for GiftShop/Admission)
• Inquiries about the job posting, please call 406-646-7001
**Perfect summer opportunity for students to exercise your social skill and team work.
**Every applicant, please state on your application how you learn about the opening
ABOUT THE GRIZZLY AND WOLF DISCOVERY CENTER
The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center is located in West Yellowstone, MT. We are a recreational and educational facility, accredited by Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), dedicated to providing visitors an opportunity to learn about and appreciate the grizzly bears and gray wolves. We put our best efforts to make sure individuals we hire are talented and knowledgeable in their profession. We offer friendly, diverse, and casual yet professional work environment. To learn more about the Center, please visit our website: http://www.grizzlydiscoveryctr.com.