Organization: The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center
Location: West Yellowstone, Montana, United States
Job or Internship: Job
THE GRIZZLY AND WOLF DISCOVERY CENTER has an opening for a seasonal Naturalist. The position is full-time, 40 hours/week. Pay is $11.00 with compensated holidays, free admissions, and gift shop discounts.
DURATION: May 5 – September 16, 2013
RESPONSIBILITIES: Approximately 50% of the daily responsibilities will be spent on visitor contacts and interactions
- Covers habitat, interacts and answers visitor questions, enforces rules and covers radio calls
- Presents the Center’s Theater and habitat programs. Additionally, naturalists may be invited to develop and conduct a program of their own design.
- Conducts and leads outreach and tours
- Develops daily schedule board and wildlife sighting board
- Stays up-to-date on local wildlife issues and biology
- Writes newsletter articles. Updates information on the Center’s website, links, and website displays
- Organizes and cleans Education office and work shop
- Assist with the summer rec program
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Geography or Environmental Education or any related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years of related work experience such as naturalist, public education, interpretation, and customer service
- Must possess enthusiasm, curiosity, and appreciation for wild animals and nature. General science, environmental, biology, and/or geography knowledge is helpful.
- Must be able to work under pressure and under time constraints, be able to work around animal environment and in harsh weather, be flexible to work both night and weekend shifts
- Must possess public speaking skill and excellent customer service, be able to multi-task
- Must be self-directed, diplomatic, and neutral on heated topics
- Must be patient and be able to handle conflicts
DEADLINE: February 28, 2013
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit your resume AND a cover letter by either
- Walking in and droping your application at the Center’s gift shop OR
- Email to email@example.com or fax to 406-646-7004 OR
- Mail to
The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center
P.O. Box 996, West Yellowstone, MT 59758 (Attn: Application for Seasonal Naturalist)
- Inquiries about the job posting, please call 406-646-7001
**Every applicant, please indicate on your application how you learn about the position
ABOUT THE GRIZZLY AND WOLF DISCOVERY CENTER
The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center is recreational and educational facilities, accredited by AZA, dedicated to providing visitors an opportunity to learn about and appreciate the grizzly bears and gray wolves. The Center is located only two blocks away from the west entrance of Yellowstone National Park. We put our best efforts to make sure individuals we hire are talented and knowledgeable in their profession. We offer friendly, casual yet professional work environment. To learn more about the Center, please visit our website: http://www.grizzlydiscoveryctr.org.