Organization: Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
Location: Powell, Ohio, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is currently accepting applications for the following year round full-time positions:
Responsible for designing and coordinating the architectural components of the Zoo aesthetic to enhance the quality of the guest experience
• B.S. in field of architectural design, landscape architecture, interior design, information architecture, industrial design or related field, with two – four years experience in design field or (6 to 8 years of related experience may be substituted for degree).
• Zoo or campus design experience preferred.
• Ability to design and coordinate an overall zoo aesthetic utilizing the architectural components of the campus, from way-finding directionals and building structures to interior colors and finishes required.
• Proven ability to design and coordinate with color.
• Ability to build consensus and facilitate team decision-making. Proficiency in graphic communication skills required.
• Model-making ability preferred.
• LEED credentials or proven awareness of sustainable design principles preferred.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required.
The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is a dynamic organization that offers a competitive pay.
For complete job descriptions and requirements visit http://www.columbuszoo.org/join_the_team/employment/year_round.aspx
As an equal opportunity employer, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, creed, color, sex, age, disability or national origin. The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.