Organization: Animals Asia
Location: Chengdu, China, International
Job or Internship: Job
We are seeking a Senior Veterinary Surgeon for our bear rescue centre in Chengdu, China (CBRC). The position will involve overall responsibility for the provision of extensive veterinary care to bears rescued from the bear bile industry, and to other resident animals and local domestic animals at each centre.
The Senior Veterinary Surgeon will report to the centre’s Bear and Vet Team Director, but will ultimately be responsible for all veterinary clinical decision making, and will supervise and manage a team comprising 2-3 qualified veterinary nurses and a Resident Veterinary Surgeon. He/She will be responsible for veterinary department budgeting and reporting, and may be required to travel within Asia and participate in outreach and training projects, and work with local veterinarians.
Please contact our HR colleague on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and a full job description for the position.
- At least 5 years work experience in a large mixed veterinary practice, zoological facility, specialist referral centre, or similar working environment.
- Experience in a management or supervisory role.
- Excellent clinical and organizational skills, an aptitude for problem-solving medicine and self-directed learning and plenty of initiative and flexibility.
- A good sense of humor, excellent communication skills and the ability to live and work closely with the rest of the team comprising both western and local staff.
- Cultural sensitivity and a history of working abroad, plus a background in captive wildlife management or charitable veterinary work are beneficial.
- Suitable candidates must be able to commit for a minimum of 2 years.
Appointment is full-time, five (5) days a week with some weekend work applicable.
The following items are included in your full-time contract
Emergency medical insurance
How to apply
Interested parties please forward your cover letter (stating the applied position), CV with your current and expected salary and completed Job Application form to: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information please visit our website www.animalsasia.org
Closing date for application is 8 March 2013.