Organization: Chicago Zoological Society-Brookfield Zoo
Location: Brookfield, Illinois, United States
Job or Internship: Internship
Chicago Zoological Society, which manages Brookfield Zoo, is currently accepting applications for our College Experiential Learning Opportunities (CELO) program.
Please visit the following site for specific details on applying and contact email@example.com with any other questions you may have: (http://www.czs.org/czs/Educational-Programs/Internships.aspx)
Chicago Zoological Society is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/V/D
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply and to identify themselves.
Title School, Group, and Teacher Programs Intern
Working with school, group and teacher programs, the intern will gain experience in the
development and implementation of nonformal and formal educational programs (for grades
Pre-K through grade 12), the cycle of inquiry, student-centered multidisciplinary pedagogy,
and working with the Chicago Public School system.
• Assist in the development of Connections classes, curriculum, and ancillary materials
that are student-centered, inquiry-based, and developmentally appropriate.
• Assist with teaching Connections classes, graduate classes, and teacher workshops.
• Assist in updating current educational materials to align with the Society’s learning
• Gain familiarity with the Chicago Public School system and the Society’s programs
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum one year college at an accredited institution; G.P.A. 2.5/4.0, majoring in
biology, education, early childhood development, or other relevant field.
• Minimum 18 years of age.
• Completion of a reflective journal or project required as part of internship.
• Strong interpersonal communications and organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Must be able to commit to 12 weeks; approximately 40 hours/week.