Organization: Tulsa Zoo
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Primate/Children’s Zoo Department Keeper
Salary: $12.00 per hour
Clean and maintain animal exhibits, holding areas and service areas.
Animal observation and record keeping.
Provide appropriate behavioral enrichment.
Work with Animal Health Department on preventative medicine measures and associated medical procedures.
Train and maintain behaviors within the collection.
Provide animal presentations.
Complete minor repairs of exhibits and equipment.
Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Tulsa Zoo.
• Bachelor's degree in a biological science field and two years experience working with mammals, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Knowledge and practical application of operant conditioning principles and techniques is preferred.
• Good public speaking skills and the ability to deliver educational presentations, animal encounters, and tours.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs, frequent walking, standing and bending required.
• Positive, mature, and self motivated team player expected to work effectively with guests, staff, volunteers, and animals.
• Work environment includes diverse weather conditions as well as physically challenging responsibilities.
• Evening, holiday, weekend, overtime, and special event work will be required.
• Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Tulsa Zoo.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Pat Murphy: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.