Organization: The Dallas World Aquarium
Location: Dallas, TX, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The Dallas World Aquarium is seeking a full-time veterinarian to provide quality and consistent veterinary care for a diverse collection of tropical/neotropical birds, fishes, reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates and mammals. Applicant must be able to communicate and interact with management, keepers, other aquarium employees, subordinates, media, the general public and other institutions/organizations (both nationally and internationally). Imperative that person be a team member – familiar not only with keepers, but with animal collection by routinely “making rounds” of the entire facility, observing reaction of guests and being an integral, accepted part of the staff.
Responsible for the:
1) comprehensive preventative health and medical care of the animals, including quarantine protocols, nutrition, vaccinations, etc.
2) diagnosis and treatment of illness and injuries of the animals.
3) post-mortem exams to determine cause of death and share information with management and/or those employees that would benefit from such information.
4) reviewing and maintaining of all necessary medical and nutritional records.
5) compliance with all regulatory agencies.
Prefer a current Dallas resident. Must reside within 15-20 minutes of the facility. DVM or VMD from an accredited university is required, as well as two years of veterinary experience within an aquarium/zoological setting. Must hold a valid Texas veterinary license; must have a DEA license and USDA accreditation. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and special events that may occur. Must be physically able to lift on a frequent basis up to 50 pounds, able to remain on feet for periods of time and able to stoop, bend, push, pull, climb and balance.
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. Applicants should submit a letter of intent, a curriculum vitae or resume and phone contact information for three 3)references via email to email@example.com.
Please visit our website www.dwazoo.com for more about our facility.