Organization: The Living Planet AquariumWeb address: www.thelivingplanet.com Reports to:
Location: Sandy, UT, us
Job or Internship: Job
CEO Job Summary:
The Director of Operations is responsible for all aspects of daily operations of The Living Planet Aquarium, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. The Director of Operations must be able to lead a large and diverse team as well as develop and train existing and new team leaders.
The Director of Operations must possess strong administrative skills, marketing and PR knowledge, and outstanding guest relations/guest experience skills. This position requires a thorough knowledge and understanding of business strategies, budgeting, financial statements and optimization and growth of a visitor based regional attraction. The Director of Operations will ensure that attention to detail and sense of urgency on all responsibilities. The Director of Operations must be creative thinker, continually advance the mission and goals of The Aquarium and further develop and grow the business to increase revenues and efficiency. Overview:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
• Oversee day to day operations of facility, including guest services, animal husbandry, education programs on site and offsite, 4D Theater, security.
• Work closely with Banquets, café, facility rentals and gift shop operators.
• Train team members on the importance and techniques in providing world-class guest relations and service.
• Implement the vision of the organization, development of long range and annual goals, evaluation and regular reporting of progress towards goals.
• Work with Marketing in advertising opportunities in Utah and surrounding markets.
• Analyzes financial statements and establishes controls to safeguard funds. Reviews income and costs relative to goals; takes corrective action as necessary.
• Oversee preparation of annual budget for each department.
• Provide planning, assistance and feedback for employee development, and training.
• Assist in company policy development and documentation.
• Interface with the local attraction associations and other professional associations and attend meetings to keep abreast of current information and developments in the area.
• Seek additional revenue opportunities and business growth to increase our market share.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the CEO. Preferred qualifications:
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in business management, planning, and financial oversight.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the Attractions/Aquarium/Zoo and or Hospitality industry.
• Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality Management, MBA, Business Development, or related field is preferred.
• Proven skills in business and financial management.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated experience & ability to manage and supervise a team of 100+ employees.
• Articulate, organized and well-spoken.
• Effective problem solving and mediation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
• Proficiency with MS Office, Accounting and Galaxy Ticketing software.
• Demonstrated ability to multi - task and work in a fast - paced office setting.
• Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.
Salary DOE, Plus Benefits Start Date:
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities for this job at any time. Subject to passing a criminal background check and drug screening To apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact for more information: Tannen Graham, 801-495-4448 x203, Tannen.G@thelivingplanet.com
Instructions: Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com