Organization: Zoo Boise/ Friends of Zoo Boise
Location: Boise, Idaho, Country
Job or Internship: Job
Friends of Zoo Boise is seeking a Development & Marketing Associate to assist the Director of Development & Communications with the successful operation of a comprehensive donor and foundation stewardship program and continued cultivation of donors to enhance their relationship with Zoo Boise. The Development & Marketing Associate will also assist with social media, special events, corporate sponsorships and promotions.
Reports to: Director of Development & Communications
Schedule: Full time, Sunday through Thursday; some evenings and Fridays/Saturdays as needed.
1. Write all thank you letters and acknowledgements for donations (not including annual passes or memberships) and ensure timely recognition of donations;
2. Administer Donor Cultivation Program by coordinating and tracking letters, calls and tours between donors, Board members and staff;
3. Manage the grants program by maintaining grants calendar, writing proposals and reports (in
conjunction with Director of Development and Zoo Director), and researching foundations to meet new program and capital funding needs;
4. Manage donor recognition program;
5. Assist Director of Development in coordination of corporate sponsorship program, annual fund and publications as needed;
6. Responsible for creation and maintenance of donor files;
7. Work with other Development staff to organize fundraising and cultivation events, including attending all major events.
1. Maintain Zoo Boise’s website content
2. Coordinate Zoo Boise’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and other accounts to promote events, education programs, new exhibits and the zoo’s conservation mission.
3. Help promote the zoo through various public speaking activities;
4. Write bi-weekly e-newsletters and articles for semiannual newsletter;
5. Update community calendars with zoo event information;
Administration & Other Tasks
1. Staff Friends of Zoo Boise office on Sundays;
2. Answer phones, welcome office visitors, schedule meetings, and provide other administrative support as needed;
3. Support the Director of Development & Communications and Executive Director in a range of capacities as needed;
4. And other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor Degree in related field and 2-5 years of experience;
2. Experience writing successful grant proposals and reports;
3. Superior organizational, written and oral communication skills;
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality of membership and donor information;
5. Capacity to work independently and in teams;
6. Conversant with required computer programs or willingness to learn;
7. Energy, humor, creativity, professionalism, maturity and strong work ethic.
To apply send cover letter and resume by January 31, 2013 to:
Liz Littman, Director of Development & Communications
Friends of Zoo Boise
355 Julia Davis Dr.
Boise, ID 83702 or via email at email@example.com
No phone calls, please.