Organization: Museum of Science
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Manager, Exhibit Design
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
Manage all exhibit design functions at the Museum, including exhibit/3D, graphic, and technical design, ensuring that all exhibits are designed using an effective collaborative team process, to create highly attractive, engaging, durable, maintainable and universally designed exhibits. Hire, develop and assign design staff to projects based on skill and project needs. Collaborate with the exhibit managers and project managers to evaluate and refine the exhibit development process to continually improve our effectiveness, creativity, and collaboration, ensuring that all aspects of the team process, including content, design, fabrication, and maintenance are enabling the creation of the highest quality exhibits.
• Oversee: Designers (1-2), Graphic Designers (2-3), Technical Designers (4-5).
• Oversee large annual budgets
• Simultaneously oversee design of 3-5 large-scale projects (>2,000 square feet) and 15-20 small projects (single components or graphics to small exhibit projects)
• Support and collaborate on the design aspects of the 3-6 temporary exhibit projects that the Museum hosts each year, providing design staff, oversight, and other support as needed.
• Oversee the overall look and feel of the Museum's 130,000 square feet of exhibit space, collaborating with Visitor Services, Facilities, and Marketing Communications on the design of the common/public spaces
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday
Director, Exhibits Development & Conservation
• Bachelor's of Science or Arts and additional course work preferred.
• More than 5 years of Exhibit Design experience.
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY IN OUR DIVERSE AND DYNAMIC WORK ENVIRONMENT, SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Human Resources Department
Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 589-0362
Visit www.mos.org/jobs for our most up-to-date employment listings. No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. The Museum of Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.