Organization: Wildlife Safari
Location: Winston, OR, Country
Job or Internship: Job
Wildlife Safari in Winston, Oregon is currently looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to join their Education Department!
In the Education Department, you will be responsible for animal care, educational presentations and curriculum development.
This position requires availability and willingness to work weekend, evening, overnight and holiday shifts.
This position reports directly to the Education Director.
Pay is $8.95 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and deliver fun and exciting programs.
• Lead zoo camps and overnights
• Conduct guided tours throughout park
• Support fundraising/development efforts of the park.
• Work cohesively in a team environment.
• Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
• Interact with and supervise volunteers in a tactful, courteous manner.
• Have and use good decision making/problem solving skills
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Observe animals and report abnormal behaviors.
• Clean animal areas and prepare diets.
• Assist in development and implementation of enrichment programs.
• Follow treatment plans and preventative health programs as prescribed by the curator and veterinarian.
• Identify and communicate safety concerns to management in a timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• An associates degree or higher in a related field (zoology, biology, animal science, etc.) is required.
• Preference will be given to individuals with prior zoo or education experience.
• Memorization and public speaking is required.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs repeatedly, move at leave 120 lbs, bend, twist, push and reach.
• Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office and excel.
• Negative TB test required annually.
• Negative pre-employment drug screening and background check.
• Valid drivers license required.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter, resume and references to:
Wildlife Safari Education Position
P.O. Box 1600
Winston, OR 97496
Or by e-mail to:
Application Deadline January 15th 2013
Wildlife Safari is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy if non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.