Organization: Children's Zoo at Celebration Square
Location: Saginaw, MI, United States
Job or Internship: Internship
The Children’s Zoo at Celebration Square is currently offering Education Internships for the 2012-2013 Winter Semester. Education Internships offer the opportunity to gain an understanding of educating the public about the natural world in a zoological park setting. These are unpaid positions.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assist with outreach programs
• Assist with and/or teach Zoo Classes
• Prepare for upcoming Zoo Classes
• Learn proper animal handling techniques
• Use provided biofacts during presentations
• Engage audience members in presentations
• Complete daily paperwork.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be at least 18 years of age and enrolled in a college or university, or a recent graduate of a college or university.
• Work may be outdoor and in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Requires good public speaking ability.
• Ability to work with children, teens, and adults.
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
• Ability to work both as a team and independently
• Internships can be part-time or full-time
• Days of work and hours will be determined upon hiring.
• Internships run mid-January through mid-May.
Send resume with cover letter to:
The Children’s Zoo at Celebration Square
Attn: Education Dept.
1730 S. Washington Ave.
Saginaw, MI 48601
Fax: (989) 759-1328
(No phone calls please)