Location: San Mateo, CA, Country
Job or Internship: Internship
Two 24 week (6-month) part time volunteer internships 24 hours (3-days) per week. CuriOdyssey is looking for an interns who can maintain a high level of personal motivation and a positive attitude by demonstrating their enthusiasm and high energy for each project they take on. This program offers practical, on-the-job experience working with invertebrates, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals, and provides exposure to zoo careers.
1. Good physical condition; able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
2. Willingness to work outside normal business hours including weekends and holidays.
3. Willingness to work in small spaces and in all weather conditions
4. Good written and verbal communication skills
5. Good public speaking skills
Experience and Qualities Preferred:
1. Outgoing, personable and able to relate and work with the public
2. Reliable, flexible and energetic
3. Interest in wildlife and the environment
4. Experience in working with wild animals
1. Daily animal husbandry, servicing animal habitats and holding areas.
2. Preparing diets and feeding the animal collection
3. Record keeping
4. Public speaking for animal talks
5. Behavioral observations and enrichment
6. Write a paper/report on behavioral observations
7. Create an enrichment project to be completed upon the end of the internship
Interested applicants should send a resume with cover letter and references to Eunice Hui, Lead Keeper, CuriOdyssey, 1651 Coyote Point Drive San Mateo CA 94401. Or e-mail to ehui (at) curiodyssey (dot) org
(All interested applicants must be available for an in-person interview to qualify for the internship)
Application deadline: January 11, 2013