Organization: Association of Zoos & Aquariums
Location: Silver Spring, MD, us
Job or Internship: Job
Manager, Digital Media
Reports to: Senior VP, Marketing, Organizational Planning and Operations
The Manager, Digital Media is responsible for setting the strategy and implementation for AZA’s online presence. Position reports to SVP, Marketing. Responsibilities include:
Management of all aspects of the AZA web site;
- Maintain and manage all aspects of the association’s website and web assets including: content, design, landing pages, CMS (Ektron), Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Manage web site user interface, usability and user experience issues.
- Resolve web-related technical issues and/or work with third-party vendors to address them.
- Provide technical consultation to staff to help them meet their goals and needs by ensuring their website content will reach their intended audience and train staff in basic CMS functions.
Manage social media and online presence
- Setting and implementing the Associations social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Association to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services;
- Manage day-to-day AZA & Animals Inc presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, coordinating with Publications Manager on AZA Blog;
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results, including monitoring of industry trends and providing feedback to Marketing and Communications teams;
Manage revenue-generating digital assets
- Manage Animals Inc. digital content and execution with AZA members;
- Oversee digital signage network, resolve network-related technical issues and/or work with third-party vendors to address them;
- Manage on-line executions of AZA promotions;
- Support staff with HTML design and development of digital marketing efforts;
- Manage online advertising inventory and accounts (AdSense, OpenX, etc.)
Manage online member benefits
- Act as primary contact on all listserv issues, resolve listserv-related technical issues and/or work with third-party vendors to address them.
- Manage AZA community management tool implementation (Memberfuse), define and execute AZA LinkedIn strategy;
- Serve as technical liaison with outside organizations on electronic data transmissions and integration of website with internal databases, including the Association’s membership database NetForum. Provide support to Membership Department in program changes to external database and user-interface navigation and content.
- Proficiency with design software (Adobe CS)
- Creative thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Strong project management or organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience, a plus
- Experience with Ektron (CMS), PHP, MySQL
- Interest in and familiarity with web analytics, SEO, and user experience
- Familiarity with the Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter APIs
- Familiarity with PHP, MySQL
- InDesign a plus
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com