Organization: Reid Park Zoological Society
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Come join us at the Reid Park Zoological Society!
Reid Park Zoological Society is seeking a Membership and Marketing Director. The Society is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to support, advocate for and enhance the value of Reid Park Zoo through Membership, Development and Special Events. The City-owned Reid Park Zoo is the largest attended attraction in Southern Arizona with over 585,000 visitors annually.
Reid Park Zoological Society is an equal opportunity employer and provides employee benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, PTO days, paid holidays and 401(k). This is a FLSA Exempt, Full Time position with an annual salary range from $32,000.00 to $37,000.00 DOE. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Membership and Marketing Director
FLSA Exempt, Full Time
Overview: The Membership and Marketing Director is responsible for membership recruitment and retention programs for individual and institutional members; member engagement in Society programs including recognition activities; development and administration of membership services and benefits including the Society website and newsletter; and oversee management of membership database. They are responsible for meeting membership goals and objectives.
The Membership and Marketing Director builds and fosters relationships with Reid Park Zoo members and other supporters, print and broadcast media, vendors and the Tucson and outlying communities in order to build awareness of the value of Reid Park Zoo to its numerous constituents.
Reports To: President
Develop strategic plan for increasing number of members and revenue from membership with input from key volunteers and staff.
Develop, monitor and evaluate the annual budget and plan for membership recruitment, renewal and retention.
Manage timely processing of memberships while maintaining high quality standards.
Develop, market and execute membership acquisition and retention strategies.
Direct and manage the membership department and its related special events and programs such as the annual meeting, member nights for Zoo Lights and other member only events.
Work effectively with other local and national membership/marketing zoo and attractions staff to evaluate and determine the most effective membership recruitment policies and activities.
Analyze membership data and produce periodic reports for key volunteers and staff on membership trends, models, and dues revenue in comparison to previous years and comparable organizations for benchmarking purposes. Provide consistent reports to membership volunteer committee.
Perform customer service functions by responding to inquiries by phone and in person from members and prospective members. Ensure membership booth staff have information and supplies needed to be able to provide customer service and membership sales.
Maintain and manage the AZA reciprocal benefits program for Reid Park Zoo.
Track inventory of membership cards and other membership related supplies, placing orders as needed.
Research new membership benefits while developing cost/benefit analyses and make recommendations to the Executive Director.
Act as administrator for organizational database used for membership,
development, cashiers, and events. As administrator, oversee training programs, user logins and general database usage.
Act as primary liaison between organization and database vendor, submitting and tracking service requests.
Assist staff in development of reports as needed and create automated reporting for operations and business intelligence.
Adopt an Animal Program
Responsible for developing plan to market, develop benefits, and increase revenue from Adopt an Animal Program.
Manage social media presence for the Reid Park Zoological Society including coordination with Zoo Staff as appropriate.
Oversee gathering of content and publication of quarterly membership magazine on schedule agreed to at the beginning of each fiscal year.
Coordinate ordering of printed materials, review printed materials to ensure meeting consistent branding and messaging.
Produce content for monthly e-mail newsletters and other communications.
Review and suggest changes and improvement for website content in coordination with Executive Director.
Perform duties in accordance with RPZS policies such as completing expense reports and purchasing or cash handling procedures.
Manage department budget and expenses
Direct and manage employees, interns, consultants and volunteers as necessary.
Ensure staff workplans are completed and contribute towards organizational goals. Counsel and assist staff in professional growth and development. Conduct timeline performance evaluations.
Provide excellent customer service as a component of all job duties.
Other Duties as Assigned
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred marketing or business related.
• Minimum two years experience in membership and/or marketing.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook and accounting programs.
• Strong experience in Excel is essential with familiarity with Microsoft VBA preferred.
• Spanish speaking strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in managing social media and website content with WordPress experience preferred.
• Experience with Blackbaud products or Altru software preferred.
• Demonstrated strong writing skills.
• Demonstrated critical analysis, customer service, problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making, leadership, team building, time management, and motivational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to tactfully handle stressful situations, negotiate and resolve conflicts, maintain confidentiality and to respect and observe organizational protocol.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of RPZS and RPZ staff as well as diverse volunteers, donors, community partners, vendors and others.
• Able to work flexible work schedule and adjust as required. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, solve problems and meet deadlines as well as communicate effectively with volunteer committees.