Organization: Chattanooga Zoo
Location: Chattanooga, TN, Country
Job or Internship: Job
Staff Position Description
Position: Veterinarian Technician
Reports to: Executive Director and Contract Veterinarian
Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt
The veterinary technician is the primary support to the staff veterinarian and zoo patients. The technician must have strong attention to detail, respond quickly and calmly in crises, and maintain high standards of animal care. In the absence of the contracted veterinarian and animal curators, the technician will assist in the overall day-to-day operations of the infirmary, quarantine, and wildlife rehabilitation. The technician must have a basic knowledge of non-domestic animal anatomy and physiology, as well as the principles of quarantine and isolation. Zoo, exotic animal, or wildlife experience is preferred, but the ability and enthusiasm to learn quickly is required. The Zoo staff is a team and employees are expected to assist wherever needed in the zoo operation when needed.
• This position routinely requires lifting and holding heavy objects (up to 75 lbs.)
• This position requites that incumbent can hold, lift, carry, or restrain an animal if necessary.
• This position is requires standing and walking around the Zoo for the majority of the day.
• Must have a basic knowledge of non-domestic animal anatomy and physiology, as well as the principles of quarantine and isolation.
• Zoo, exotic, or wildlife experience is preferred.
• Must maintain status as a licensed veterinary technician.
Please submit resume, zoo application, and a cover letter for consideration. Applications can be downloaded at www.chattzoo.org. You can email or mail your resume to the Director of Human Resources, Liz Crowe at:
Attn: Liz Crowe
301 N. Holtzclaw Ave.
Chattanooga, TN 37343
Please direct any questions to the Director of Human Resources, Liz Crowe at Crowe_L@chattzoo.org no phone calls please.