Organization: Mass Audubon’s Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary
Location: Lincoln, MA, us
Job or Internship: Job
Mass Audubon’s Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary
Wildlife Program Coordinator
Location: Lincoln, MA
Mass Audubon’s Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary is unique in its position as an environmental education center, working farm, and wildlife sanctuary which includes a collection of native wildlife on exhibit and utilized in educational programs both on and offsite to area schools and communities.
The Wildlife Program Coordinator provides leadership, expertise, and commitment to developing and presenting high quality wildlife programming and exhibits. S/he manages wildlife care staff and oversees animal care, participates in day-to-day animal care, is responsible for wildlife acquisitions and dispositions, manages and ensures compliance with regulations, as well as the proper and professional execution of all wildlife programs.Responsibilities:
• Oversees the veterinary care and health of all captive wildlife at Drumlin Farm.
• Serves as the key liaison between the wildlife care and education functions.
• Designs and oversees animal handling orientations for teaching staff.
• Manages the animal collection strategy and acquisition, coordination of animal enrichment, training of animals for program use, as well as long-range planning and evaluation of wildlife programming.
• Oversees the design and development of all wildlife collection displays, exhibits, and program materials.
• Plays a key role in the ongoing assessment of the structure and operations of the Wildlife Care Department to ensure that the operations of the wildlife area reflect a broad and integrated vision for the Education Department. Qualifications:
B.S. in Environmental Science, Wildlife Management or related field plus 3 to 5 years of experience working with and/or caring for wildlife. A background in environmental education and at least 3 years of supervisory experience. Strong computer, organizational and communication skills with the ability to work independently, as well as be an active team member. Ability to work some weekend days. Requires First Aid and CPR certification upon hire, as well as successful completion of a CORI and SORI screening. Valid MA driver‘s license, ability to lift 50 pounds and traverse uneven terrain.Compensation and Benefits:
Full benefits package.To inquire about this position:Send a cover letter and resume to:
Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary
208 S Great Rd
Lincoln, MA firstname.lastname@example.org