Organization: International Species Information System
Location: Minneapolis, MN, United States
Job or Internship: Job
International Species Information System (ISIS) is seeking a self-motivated and experienced Sales Executive to sell proprietary business software solutions and consulting services to the zoological industry worldwide. The position will be based in Minnesota, but have sales responsibility worldwide.
This candidate must have a minimum of 10 years sales management including 5+ years’ experience selling software solutions with a track record of achieving and exceeding quota. Candidates who have experience selling to the zoo and aquarium communities will be considered more strongly than those who do not.
Candidate should have experience structuring and managing a sales process and working with partners and networking to drive additional revenue and realize overall goals and objectives. Excellent relationship and marketing skills and the ability to evangelize a company and solution are required.
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
POSITION SUMMARY: The ISIS Sales Executive will be responsible for cultivating contacts and growing ISIS membership from zoological organizations worldwide. The Sales Executive will be ultimately responsible for setting and meeting membership goals.
To begin, this candidate will structure a sales team including four regional coordinators: European (and Africa) Regional Coordinator, Latin America & Spain Regional Coordinator, Asia Pacific and Australasia Regional Coordinator, India and Middle East Regional Coordinator. In addition, the Sales Executive will have full responsibility for membership recruitment across North America. The Sales Executive will cultivate this team and provide advice on the structure of the sales team within allowable budgets.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
2. Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
3. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
4. Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
5. Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
6. Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Minimum 5 years related sales experience with focus on software or technology sales, or strong sales experience combined with proven zoological industry contacts.
2. Familiarity with sales process and demonstrated ability to manage large accounts / revenue targets in a large territory.
3. Demonstrated ability to assimilate technical product knowledge, and ability/desire to learn customer’s business.
4. Self-starter, hands-on, high energy, aggressive with high action oriented results.
5. Proven success record with building successful relationships.
6. Effective organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum 10 years sales management experience
• Minimum 5 year experience with selling software as a service (Ex. Salesforce, Sugar, Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge, etc.), or demonstrated sales contacts within zoological community
• Highly proficient computer skills including internet, email, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Represents the International Species Information System (ISIS) in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current members, donors, volunteers, vendors and the global communities and associations we serve.
2. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of staff, consultants, independent contractors and other customers of our services.
3. Learns and uses operating practices of the department and ISIS.
4. Upholds the Statements of ISIS Mission, Vision and Values and Beliefs.
5. Handles confidential information with tact and discretion.
6. Create sales process for an international non-profit, member-based organization.
7. Direct the training, development and enablement of sales coordinators and drive alignment on company sales process.
8. Assist ISIS in evaluating the market potential within territories.
9. Track and interpret membership recruitment and retention statistics and review member research and make recommendations.
10. Create and act upon strategic planning to meet goals for new membership growth and current member retention each year.
11. Drive sales to meets or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
12. Drive sales organization with overall account and territory management. Includes assisting setting up meetings, demos, finding new opportunities and following up on existing opportunities.
13. Ensure that sales pipeline remains full, with qualified leads and prospects.
14. Actively assist regional coordinators in building pipelines for new potential business.
15. Ensure a closed-loop lead process.
16. Evaluate territory coverage and recommend ways to enhance coverage to maximize market opportunities.
17. Monitor and avoid channel conflict and work to resolve overlap to expedite sales.
18. Increase sales by up-selling, add-on sales and cross selling.
19. Leverage company sales programs and builds partner specific programs to drive business.
20. Coordinate marketing efforts with the ISIS Marketing Team, including development of annual marketing plans to achieve stated goals for that region.
21. Identify and attend appropriate conferences, workshops, speaking engagements, meetings to build good relationships.
22. General marketing activities, including affinity or sponsorship schemes.
23. Work with ISIS Support and Training teams to solve client problems and schedule additional training as required.
24. Work as liaison between ISIS and members on payment and invoicing issues as needed.
25. Travel required (50%) including international.
1. Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
2. Culturally diverse atmosphere.
3. A noisy, collaborative office environment.
4. This position will require a time commitment exceeding 40 hours per week with fluctuations including some evenings, weekends and holidays necessary to meet the position's requirements.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com.